Real Estate Development Program
The purpose of this study is to equip participants with the practical and technical knowledge to successfully manage real estate business irrespective of their area of specialisation. This course will concentrate in grooming participants on various real estate investments critically looking at ways of financing products, taxes associated with real transactions and the managerial skills required to effectively evaluate productivity. It will also offer a wide view on planning of affordable housing, environmental and legislative framework associated with development.
Objective of the study
- Participant will have an in-depth knowledge on principles of taxation and its implication in real estate critically reviewing the legislative laws and changes associated with real properties and the penalties for default.
- Participants will be equipped with the basic skills needed to successfully complete a project, analysing critical path between the start and finish point in any project without having additional cost implication on the overall budget.
- As an organisation managerial policies are essential in achieving organisational objectives based on these there is need for strategic managerial skills to be acquired.
MODULE 1. ECONOMICS
- Real Estate Investments
- Economics, Real Estate & The City Context
- Real Estate Products
- Real Estate Finance
MODULE 2. REAL ESTATE BUSINESS STRATEGY
- Management Skills
- Strategic Management in Real Estate Business
- Business Valuation
MODULE 3. PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Urban Development & Land Regeneration
- Construction, Design & Development
- Framework & Strategy For Development
- Social & Affordable Housing
MODULE 4. LEGAL
- Legal Principles
- Surban & Environmental Legal Framework